Wednesday 24 July 2013

In the works...

So, I just finished a project, but it's secret for the moment but I really really love it so I'm impatient to get to sharing it here :)

I have two other projects that are about to get going, and since the guild meeting on Saturday I've been jumpstarted into my Farmer's Wife again! So here are a few photos and descriptions of my plans.


This is going to be a St Louis 16 patch, either for a about-to-be-born
baby, or as a charity quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids!

These blocks are using some of the new charm packs
I've added: Happy-Go-Lucky, Simply Color, and PB&J!
They're a bit darker than I started with, but I'm hoping
as I go along they'll blend in over all.

Next block is ready to go on the end of the sofa - Corn & Beans!

I'm finally starting to make Retro Flowers for my sister using AMH Field
Study and some Kona solids. I'm really nervous. The fabrics are so pretty
and the pattern so awesome, that I'm really worried I won't do it justice...
Fingers crossed, deep breath, and dive in!

I hope I can keep up a good momentum on these two quilts, and not get too sidetracked by other ideas. If I can get these done, then I can focus on some stuff for me again (another dress and a bag, maybe...!?).

Wish me luck!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

7 comments:

  1. Love the sampler blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with not getting side-tracked! It happens to me all of the time. Love you Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks. I have the book and fabric, but I keep getting side-tracked! - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Retro Flowers will turn out awesome! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabrics for the St. Louis 16 patch! And i'm excited to see your Retro Flowers with all the AMH... that's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've chosen some beautiful prints for your Retro Flowers! It's a great pattern and one I keep thinking about starting when I have some free time ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your fabric choices for the baby quilt. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love hearing your honest thoughts and opinions on whatever I've been harping on about :)

I email replies as soon as I get the chance.