Wednesday 5 June 2013

WIP - Cuzco Charm Crossing Quilt

Hi! I got distracted over the weekend looking at the winners of the Blogger's Quilt Festival and the finalists of Stitched In Color's Festival of Strings and never did put up a Sew Fresh Day round up. But it was worth it for all the pretties I got to ogle instead!

Another exciting quilting happening began this week too! Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts has organised a Kate Spain Blog Hop. There are loads of great bloggers scheduled to show off the lovely things they've made with any and all of Kate Spain's collections! Alyce kicked it off on Monday with a two-part interview with Kate herself. But it also involves two linky parties for things we've all been making with our Kate Spain fabric this month. Go check out the announcement page to read all the details!

This has been just the kick I needed to get started on a quilt I've had planned for at least six months now. I bought a charm pack of Cuzco last summer. I absolutely loved the fabric but couldn't afford yardage back then and had no idea what I would make if I did have the money. So I did my default-can't-live-without reaction and bought a charm pack.


Teamed with the bella solids recommended in the pattern! They
match so well :)

I need to work on my default reaction, because it's really hard to make a quilt with one charm pack. After a few months of searching on and off, I found the perfect quilt pattern. Tammie's (of craftytammieCharm Crossing quilt at the Moda Bake Shop!

I have gotten started this week. I have not gone far, mostly because my brain was disengaged yesterday when I got all the fabric out.


Can you spot what I did wrong here?

As I sorted the charms out so as each coloured one had a white partner, I paired them with wrong sides facing... Cos it was prettier! God love my brain. Still though, they do look lovely!

Anyway, it meant that by the end of yesterday this was all that had happened.




Today I began my chain-stitching, and methodically fixing my mistake (though I get to ogle Cuzco again as I go - silver lining!!).




I can't wait to see the other Kate Spain projects that get linked up to this Blog Hop! And I'm really enjoying reading a little bit of Kate Spain every day too. This is a good start to the summer!

Oh, and there's a button to be grabbed too, if you decide to take part in all the awesome!!

And not to forget, but I'm linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced :)

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



Does anyone know how to make the WIP button be a link inside the blog? Like that one right there, just above this. I can make the ones in the sidebar be links, but am utterly lost if it's within a post!!

8 comments:

  1. Yummo! How much fun are you having! WIP is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those solids with it! Going to be such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great solids to go with those charms! I have a Terrain
    Charm pack I'm thinking of using for this challenge :-)
    Oh - and re the button, copy the code from under the button on her page and paste it into the HTML editor when you're writing your post (email me if you want more details) then go back into the "compose" view and you should be able to see it

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, delicious! I really do love this Kate Spain line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The solids are perfect with the Cuzco, and the pattern you choice... perfect as well! Can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I love hearing your honest thoughts and opinions on whatever I've been harping on about :)

I email replies as soon as I get the chance.